Opening line from Lee Jung Hyun II and Nuh music video
  • ScuzScuz
    Fantastic Member
    So, occasionally, I get obsessive about things. Today was one of those days, after re-watching Nuh - again.

Both her second album and the MV for Nuh open with the line "From where you are, you can hear their dreams". And I've always wondered where that comes from, thinking it was a movie quote or something. Couldn't find any credits in the album's booklet, so I googled.

And I found the source. Apparently it's from a play of sorts called "Under Milk Wood," originally from 1954. And it's from a specific recording of the play, which is on Youtube (luckily). Not sure which recording this is (seems to be from 1972), but this is the one!

Listen from 4.35.

I'm proud of myself now.
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    How did you even find the source? Thats amazing!

It says The video is not available. :((
  • ScuzScuz
    Fantastic Member
    That's odd. It works for me. Try this one instead. It's from the most famous (I think) movie version of the play. Start watching around 7:25. The line from the album and MV is definitely from this version of the play.

I found it by googling "you can hear their dreams" and found a transcript of the play and then I checked Youtube to see if it was actually from any version of this play. I got lucky and found it on the first try.
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    Video works but not sound... Some videos dont work for different countries I guess.
  • ScuzScuz
    Fantastic Member
    It's really annoying when Youtube blocks audio or video in certain countries! It doesn't happen too often, but when it does…. garghh!

Okay, last try! This is the last video I could find of Richard Burton reading the line, without spending too much time searching Youtube. Hopefully, it works! Otherwise, I'll scour Dailymotion for it - they're not as strict as Youtube, from my experience.

Start listening around 4:25.