What AVA movies have you seen?
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    The first movie I saw was Night Fishing. Then I saw Juvenile Offender, A Petal and Alice in Earnestland (I cant believe she won Best Actress!). I still need to see The Admiral. Sadly I couldnt find subs for her other movies. :(

I think my favorite was A Petal because it was such a sad movie. And it's such a memorable movie for me because there's a funny story behind it..

My best friend had lent me one of his favorite Korean books. It had three stories and one of them was called "There a Petal Silently Falls". As I was reading it, I was like "wait... this sounds familiar.." This was the same time I lent my friend my "I Love Natural" cd and then suddenly we just connected the two together! Lee Jung Hyun was in A Petal! We both didnt see the movie yet and my friend didnt even know there was a movie or even know who was Lee Jung Hyun. So we got together and saw it. The ending made me cry... :((
  • SabaiSabai
    Fantastic Member
    I think I have only seen A Petal once and I can't remember what my thoughts are. I only remember some small things from the movie, so I have to watch it again to refresh my memory. :D

I would like to watch those other movies too. Maybe someday I'm able to...

GX3394 said:

Sadly I couldnt find subs for her other movies. :(

There is always that subtitle problem. :(
  • ScuzScuz
    Fantastic Member
    I've only seen A Petal, but it was a long time ago, so I don't remember much. Alice in Earnestland sounds fun. I've wanted to see that one. Was is any good?

I want to see Harpy, even if it's apparently supposed to be pretty bad (imdb-rating of 2,9 doesn't seem very promising). But you know, can't find it find subtitles... There's also a horror movie called "Suddenly One Day". It's was available on LiveJH at some point, but haven't been able to find any other info about it.
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    Alice was pretty good but I thought it was a bit too short. Her acting was superb in this one. Shes crazy and cute. I feel sorry for her character. She had such bad luck.

Yeah I wanted to see Harpy too but I couldnt find any subs. The ratings do look bad but the story sounds cool. Maybe a bigger budget wouldve helped the ratings.

Nope never heard of Suddenly One Day... Is that on her Imdb page?
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    I like Ava's music a lot more but her acting is no joke. She's seriously an amazing actress.
  • ScuzScuz
    Fantastic Member
    GX3394 said:

Nope never heard of Suddenly One Day... Is that on her Imdb page?

It's not on her IMDB-page. I *think* the story is similar to the first Whispering Corridors-movie - a ghost at a school, but I could be wrong. It was made in 1997 or 1998.

The Korean title translated to "Suddenly One Day", so it's possible there's a different official English title, if there even is one. I don't remember the Korean title anymore :(

That's pretty much all the info I have on it.
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    ok so i asked livejh and admin gave me the chinese title 意外的一天. but he doesnt know the korean title. i cant find any pictures but its translated to Suddenly One day. A mysterious film....
  • SabaiSabai
    Fantastic Member
    Found this: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjQzOTM2MDQ

In that title there is 李贞贤, was that how she is know in china? I also checked that video clip and I think quite beginning of the film there is LJH spelled in korean as well.

....also found this: http://baike.baidu.com/view/7087195.htm
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    Livejh admin sent me these pictures. Ive seen seen these before but I thought it was was Harpy.
    image.jpeg
    640 x 1136 - 99K
    image.jpeg
    640 x 1136 - 121K
  • SabaiSabai
    Fantastic Member
    Oh, those pictures helped. That youku link I posted is Suddenly One Day if those pictures are from that.

Here's the screenshot I took from that video, looks familiar to one of those pictures.
    :D
    ljhsuddenly.png
    872 x 565 - 638K
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    It looks like a made for tv movie. I want subs :(
  • ScuzScuz
    Fantastic Member
    Yeah, seems to be made for TV, which, I guess, is why it's so difficult to find info on it. >.<
  • Indpendnt27
    Fantastic Member
    i have not seen any of her movies...)-: