Your Thoughts on AVAHOLIC!
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    OMG I AM SPAZZING OUT BECAUSE THIS MINI ALBUM IS SOOO DELICIOUS! :crazy:Ok sorry for the caps.. hehe

Vogue Girl and Miro I+II - composed by Lee Min Soo who also composed MANY of LJH past hits!
    Crazy and 2night - composed by E-Tribe
    You're Mine - composed by JO PD

This album is very hip hopish, pop, rock, and electro. It's very different from past albums but sorta similar to Fantastic Girl, BUT BETTER!

I love Vogue Girl and Miro II! Vogue Girl is simply addicting! You will be dancing in no time! It's a good choice to have it as the first track! Miro II is sooo dreamy, sweet and dolly. The interlude of Miro I compliments Miro II VERY WELL! It reminds me of her past albums III and IV. Miro suits her album concept wonderfully~~~ I thought Vogue Girl or Miro II should be her comeback song! SO FREAKIN CATCHY!

Crazy sounds so different from the snippet we got! It's very ROCK! Also I get the feeling of sex when I hear this song. hehe I just have to listen it a few more times to REALLY love it. And it's definitely not a Michyeo remake or remix!! I cant wait to see the MV!

The track You're mine is very girly pop with a touch of hip hop flavor! The song has a fun beat and it reminds me a bit of Fantastic Girl. I would be nice if LJH raps a little bit in this. hehe

2night has an R&B feel to it. It's a very nice slow dance song. You kinda get the feeling of moving your shoulders to the left and then the right when you're listing to this song... am I right? hehe

GO BUY THIS ALBUM! ITS SOOO WORTH IT!!! GO AVA!!!!!!!!! :clap:

http://www.yesasia.com/global/lee-jung-hyun-mini-album-avaholic/1020246383-0-0-0-en/info.html
  • -00001-00001
    Fantastic Member
    I didn't except this so early so I'm skipping breakfast to listen to it before work!!!

Vogue Girl WOW! I knew this would be addictive in the first second! It's fantastic, so upbeat and catchy. I can really see this being performed in the comeback now. I love it.

Crazy OMG! I'm so into this!!!! I love the rock/symphonic sound! The horns in the verses just add so much. It's VERY different to what I was expecting I got a real shock. Who'd ever thought the snippet would be the bridge! I thought it was the intro. I was like err where is it xD Amazing track, can't wait for the MV!!!! I'm going crazy!

You're Mine This is very reminiscent of her previous albums, especially Fantastic Girl. It's fun and yeah I'd like to see LJH rap in this. She hasn't done her famous rapping in ages!! Great track.

2night Very smooth! A nice slow change to the first 3. Like Crazy, this is something we haven't heard from LJH and she pulled it off with flying colours! I'm not a big fan of RnB but I like this. And yes, you do feel like swaying!

Miro I+II Nice one!! The intro reminds me of Crying in the mirror plus the interlude in I Love Natural with the kid. It has a very circus feel to it. Also French with the accordions! It ends the album very well! I always thought the last song should always leave a nice impression. It also has this sad melancholic feel to it, as if she were saying goodbye! BRILLIANT!!!

Overall, this is an AMAZING album. My only issue is the fact it's so short. This would've been an amazing full album. An extra 6 tracks like this? Yes please! Miro I would've been great as the intro to the album. I can't wait to buy this. Well done Ava, I take my hat off to you.
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    This album is like a mix of Magical to go to my star and Fantastic Girl!

Im starting to like Crazy a lot more! hehe

I think Miro I and II goes well together. The beginning of Miro II would sound too sudden without Miro I.

I agree the album was tooo short! It is a mini album after all. Maybe she will release some more new songs and put out a repackaged edition? Anyways the songs on here definitely made up for the shortness. Right now it's on repeat! The songs are addicting and fun! I love it~~ I couldnt ask for more... well actually, maybe more songs! hehe
  • JaxxiaJaxxia
    A fun album. I love it. Crazy is my favorite and then the others follow. By the time the mini album was over I wanted more. I thought Miro I and II would be two separate songs but they are more like Mi Cheyo and Crying in the Mirror. I had fun with it. Once I finish it, I have to keep playing it over and over again. Really wish it was an album and not so short. Oh and without Miro I, I would be pronouncing Ava wrong. I was pronouncing it Ah-Va, but she says Eh-Va.
  • ScuzScuz
    Fantastic Member
    Miro I and II compliment each other so well. Miro II is my favorite song on the mini album. It's so different and, umm, amazing XD It's kind of sad and creepy and at the same time as it's not. It's perfectly produced - everything fits well together; lyrics, music, the English talking parts... etc. So good!!

Vogue Girl is catchy and it was a good choice as the opening track. Hope she performs it live!

Crazy I'm still getting used to. Right now I find it the weakest song on the album. Don't get me wrong - it's a good song! But it's not as good as the others, imo. It feels kind of... chorus-less. It's probably because of the preview, but it feels like the chorus doesn't start until after 2 minutes (and the song's only 3 minutes long). Love the beginning though! And I'll probably get used to the actual chorus after a few listens.

When You're Mine started, I thought it sounded similar to Wonder Girls' Nobody, with the clapping sound. Luckily, it ended up being vert different from that song. I can't stand Nobody! It's very catchy and the chorus is great!

2night is also a great song. The chorus is kind of haunting, and I like that. Don't have so much more to add. Love it!

The only problem I have with this album is that it's so short!!! Not only are there few songs - the songs, too, are quite short! This is Lee Jung Hyun's best work since I Love Natural, imo! I would've loved to see another 4-6 songs in this style. This outshines Passion and, especially, Fantastic Girl by miles.

I'm definitely buying this! The question is "when?" Should I wait and see if there'll be a repack or not? Arghh...
  • -00001-00001
    Fantastic Member
    Crazy is a bit all over the place in terms of structure. Especially because of the preview. The chorus sounds more like the pre-chorus. Like you're waiting for a chorus to come next but it doesn't. The song could be restructured better, but I think that's why I like it. It's different to most songs and is very unusual.

Anyone think she should perform Miro I + II then break into Crazy? That'd be huge! Miro screams perform me! It tells a story.
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    [quote=-00001]Anyone think she should perform Miro I + II then break into Crazy? That'd be huge! Miro screams perform me! It tells a story[/quote]

OMG! I was imagining she would be hiding in a big jack in the box while Miro I is playing in the background and then she popped out looking all weird and crazy (and maybe sing Miro II right after) and then sing Crazy!! hehe It reminds me a bit of Joolae but this time the doll is really CRAZY!!!

I was thinking the same thing about Crazy!!! hehe but nonetheless its a good song and it grows on you later!1 It happens to me.
  • maddy
    Fantastic Member
    I've only listened to it once through so far and I have to say:
    I really really really DON'T like Crazy.
    My favourite so far would have to be 2night or Miro II.
  • YookuYooku
    Fantastic Member
    Vogue Girl = Wow, this song is amazing. For me it is the best song in the album. <3 I love her vocals in this track. This song is TOO catchy. <3<br />CRAZY = I like this song but it's not as good as I excepted. I hope she had done the music video for Vogue Girl too because I think that it is the best and strongest track.
    You're Mine = Her Fantastic Girl album came in my mind when I first heard this song. I like this song very much and I'm glad that JO PD composed it!
    2night= Very nice and calm song.
    Miro I+II= This song is like from some french movie. xD I don't like the intro and I think that the song is kinda boring also. :/

Overall this album is good but it is just so short. Only song that I didn't liked so much was Miro II (+ the intro part).
  • -00001-00001
    Fantastic Member
    Any one got their fave - least faves yet? After MANY listens I have finally decided mine!

1. Vogue Girl
    2. Crazy
    3. Miro I+II
    4. 2night
    5. You're Mine

Vogue Girl is just sooooo addictive. I want it to be the next promo song with MV. Has anyone ever had 2 MV's from a mini album?? I hope LJH does this time...
  • ScuzScuz
    Fantastic Member
    [quote=-00001]Has anyone ever had 2 MV's from a mini album??[/quote]

Kara had two (Pretty Girl and Honey) from their latest mini album, so there is a possibility! Though, I don't know if both songs had MVs, but I know they promoted both. Especially if Crazy, or Avaholic overall, is well received, I think there might be a second MV. It's been a long time since LJH had two MVs from an album, so I certainly hope to see one more!

I can't quite rank the songs from fave to least fave just yet. I need to listen to it a few more times before I'll be able to do that. All I can say for sure is that Miro I+II are no. 1 :smile:
  • -00001-00001
    Fantastic Member
    It seems to be well recieved though reviews are quite mixed. She hasn't done 2 MVs since I Love Natural! I heard she was doing a video for Ya! though which was why she turned down the role to play Tomb Raider in a Korean MV for it, but I dunno what happened to that. We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed this time round.
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    Tomb Raider?? What?
  • -00001-00001
    Fantastic Member
    Not the actual Tomb Raider movie, just the Korean music video for a song in the second movie or something... It was news article from 03 I came across
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    Haha interesting. I didnt know that.
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    Here's my list!

1. Vogue Girl & Miro I+II
    3. Crazy
    4. You're Mine
    5. 2night

Vogue Girl and Miro II is REALLY close to be my #1. I cant pick!!

[quote=Scuz]When You're Mine started, I thought it sounded similar to Wonder Girls' Nobody, with the clapping sound. Luckily, it ended up being vert different from that song. I can't stand Nobody! It's very catchy and the chorus is great![/quote]

I can see why you thought of Nobody. The rapping made references to Nobody and SNSD's Gee! hehe Look at the lyrics!
  • hyonyhyun
    Fantastic Member
    1. Crazy
    2. You're Mine + Vogue Girl (tied)
    4. 2night
    5. Miro II

Review:
    -For an electro song, Vogue Girl is not *quite* as great as Cheol-soo Saranghae (which i loved), but it does come close. I like this song, not much else to say. Oh, except that i feel like i could REALLY jam to this in a roller disco. That would be fun! Rating: *****
    -Crazy is strangely addictive. First of all, i just love that i was expecting a cookie-cutter kpop song and was happily surprised with something different and that still retains that unique LJH style and weirdness. However, i think it could be better- i think they might have went the wrong way with the.. i want to say rock influences, but i don't really hear any guitar.. so i'm not sure how to describe that really haha. But yeah, a trance remix would be epic. lol. It really sounds American, but i love that i "feel" the song, and the MV helps with that. Rating: *****
    -You're Mine is fantastic. It's like a new version of Suri Suri Ma Suri from Magic to go to my Star, but with some influence from Fantastic Girl as someone said above. I LOVE THAT SONG, so this is awesome- but not quite as good. The clapping reminds me of Wonder Girls 'So Hot'/'Nobody' (which is kinda what made those songs) too. I really like this track. Rating: *****
    -2night is okay. It's kind of generic though and there's not anything standout about it. Rating: ***
    -Miro I is cute, typical LJH interlude which is always appreciated. Taking into account it's not an actual song, I'll give it *****.
    -Miro II, on the other hand, is an experiment gone wrong. I appreciate that LJH/Ava is still trying new styles, as i've always loved that about her. But this one just didn't work out too well. I like her vocals, but to me the music and songs just aren't very good. It seems less like a song even than Miro I haha. Try another style with your next release, Ava :Sticking Out Tongue: Rating: **

-For a mini-album, this isn't too bad- i really like half the songs. I was expecting something less original, honestly, after reading "Britney Spears," but i was pleasantly surprised. I LOVE the similarities to a couple of her old songs. It's just too bad they aren't better than those classics in my opinion. Anyway, i'll definitely be ordering this (and Fantastic Girl) when i get paid. :Smile:
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    hehe I was thinking of Suri Ma Suri too! I I think it was the beat of the song and her unique voice.

Miro II is something I've never heard her sing before. I think this song was a huge shock for everyone. It's very different and very indie (?) I really like this song and fits with her concept of Marie Antoinette so well that it had to be in this album or else I probably wont like it as much.
  • hyonyhyun
    Fantastic Member
    [quote=GX3394]I really like this song and fits with her concept of Marie Antoinette so well that it had to be in this album or else I probably wont like it as much.[/quote]

Haha, stupid me! That makes so much sense, but i didn't even make the connection between this song and the whole jacket's theme... now that you pointed that out, it doesn't seem so bad! Thanks lol
  • YookuYooku
    Fantastic Member
    I fell in love with Miro II yesterday. At first I thought it was kinda boring song but now I love it. <3
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    [quote=Yooku]I fell in love with Miro II yesterday. At first I thought it was kinda boring song but now I love it. <3[/quote]<br />
    I fell in love with it when I heard that first verse. The melody is very sweet.