Peace (China Limited Edition) CD?
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    As you probably know this, I'm always in the outlook for rare Ava goods. If you like to collect her cds and interested in reading my observations on a possibly rare official cd, continue to read on. ^^;

[t]

The seller said "actual products looks as shown in the picture, product is rare locally, unwrapped" in chinese
    and provided the tracklist

01 Intro-Message I
    02 和平(Peace)
    03 Feel Me
    04 你(Original)
    05  给你
    06 PA
    07 梦
    08 祝过得好
    09 不是的
    10 结束了
    11 挑战
    12 PI EO
    13  Love Is A Secret
    14 你(Techno Version)
    15 Out-Message II

So I was browsing on TaoBao lately and I stumbled upon this cd. Actually I was thinking of buying this cd many months ago but then a couple of people from China have told me it's fake and that almost everything on Taobao that is cheap is fake or bootleg.

So just yesterday, I saw it again and did more research on it. If you look at the circle sticker, it said something WOOJUN copyright, original cd in Chinese. So I googled Woojun and I believed their site was www.woojun.com (It doesnt exist anymore). Then I saw this site: http://www.dreambeat.net/english/partner.php

Notice its the same logo. The company name is Woojun Soft and it said:

[quote]Woojun Soft is the company that initiated the Korean sensation in China called 'Han Ryu' bringing many Korean artists to the Mainland China. They do promotion and arrange concerts for such Korean artists as N.R.G, T.T. Ma, and Baby V.O.X. in China.[/quote]

So I think "DreamBeat Korea" is a company in Korea that is connected to WOOJUN (a Korean company in China) "through distribution, foreign promotion, and investment."

[quote]DreamBeat Korea was founded in 2000 and currently distributes more than 170 records of 40 Korean and international labels firming its place as a distributor with the most number of independent labels in Korea. [/quote]

And this is taken from woojun.com / http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=14177357 (translation through google)

[quote]From South Korea's integrated music company.
    In mainland China issued 70 copies of the most popular South Korean singer album, and to promote South Korean singer in China's development, the artists are HOT, Park Mi-Kyung, CLON, GOOFY, Seung Jun, Ahn Jae Wook, Kim Hyun-jung, NRG, Koyote , TTMA, Baby VOX, GOD, myth, DJ DOC, J, CB MASS, Jewelry, FIN.KL, Click-B, Jiang Zhe, OLIVER and so on. [/quote]

If you google "(株) 宇田 SOFT" you will find many other sites relating to Korea products distributing to China.

Here are some other cds produced by WOOJUN with a similar sticker.

4CD Limited Edition HOT Set. It comes in a box.

These got the OBI strip

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really think it's an official product. What do you think? Real? Fake? [/t]
  • -00001-00001
    Fantastic Member
    I think it's real.

That HOT boxset is really nice. I'd love an Ava boxset down the track.
  • ScuzScuz
    Fantastic Member
    Hmm... Based on the photo, I think the cover looks rather badly put together. If that means the album is fake, I can't say :tongue: It's so hard to tell whether something is real or not these days. Especially when it comes to supposedly rare products.
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    [quote=Scuz]Hmm... Based on the photo, I think the cover looks rather badly put together.[/quote]

Judging from the pic, it does look poor. im curious whats inside and what the back looks like. and does fake cds usually have high quality screen printed discs?

ive never seen this copy before. usually i notice there are more than 1 fake cd with similar/reused pics from previous albums. this pic is from her debut album (i think) and they use it for this second china's album.

what makes this a possible real cd is the woojun copyright, using only the tracklist from her 2nd album and not using any other album tracks, and ive never seen this pic of ljh before (could be from a magazine tho?)

what makes this a possible fake cd is that it is cheap (cheap=fake) and poor cover design. it could also be a copied cd from the real cd using the woojun copyright.
  • ScuzScuz
    Fantastic Member
    It's really one of those "you don't know until you buy it"-things. The gathered proof could point either way.

It could be the light the photo was taken in, but it definitely looks like it originally came from a magazine. I might've seen the picture before, or one similar to it. I shall go search for it in my picture-collection.
  • -00001-00001
    Fantastic Member
    Woojun could've just had bad graphic designers lol..

I didn't know those pics on the Taiwan edition of LGTMS were from her second album. I thought it was Bakkwo related!
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    [quote=-00001]
    I didn't know those pics on the Taiwan edition of LGTMS were from her second album. I thought it was Bakkwo related! [/quote]

i think the cd was made somewhere in 2000 so it could be just an "old" design?.. .the hot cds look kinda poor too and it was made somewhere in 2000.

oh wait a second! im so dumbfounded right now! >< :shamed: your right, its from her first album concept. i guess i thought her "second" single is from her "second" album! hehe my head is not working correctly! *edited the post*

[quote=Scuz]It's really one of those "you don't know until you buy it"-things. The gathered proof could point either way.

It could be the light the photo was taken in, but it definitely looks like it originally came from a magazine. I might've seen the picture before, or one similar to it. I shall go search for it in my picture-collection. [/quote]

*waiting for it in the mail*

the clothe and hair is from WA right? im sure it is.. but the pose look like it came from NUH?
  • ScuzScuz
    Fantastic Member
    A-ha! Found it XD Not sure if it's the original picture, but anyway :tongue:

And some others from that photoshoot.
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    Ah! Thanks Scuz! I think these pics are the original ones. Notice how the hair is blended in the bg very well.

---- Even the Korean characters of her name is the same on the album cover. It doesnt tell me too much other than the fact the pics are from a Korean magazine.. but magazines uses photos from cd album booklets all the time. Hmm Idk. The company couldve recycled old pics from hit albums and use it for the chinese versions. It would make more sense and look real if they didnt cut out the original bg from the pic.

BTW I love this photoshoot! She needs to do her hairstyle like this for her future WA performances.
  • mattfb
    Fantastic Member
    This photoshoot is amazing! At a first look, it can confuse with her style in Nuh.

And about the cd, it is terrible when you pay a lot of money in something and that thing is fake.
    Hope it isn't!
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    [quote=mattfb]And about the cd, it is terrible when you pay a lot of money in something and that thing is fake.
    Hope it isn't! [/quote]

I hope its not fake. But iIt was VERY cheap ~ so Im not worry. hehe
  • -00001-00001
    Fantastic Member
    That is an amazing photoshoot. Her hair is great, I do hope she does have that hair again, parted in the middle, long, straight and black. It's so pretty!
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    so i got the cd today.[t] im still uncertain what type of cd this is (cd that had limitted copies, promotional cd, or bootleg cd?)...either way it is copyrighted by woojun soft.

if it werent for the woojun copyright, i would say its a fake. the cd is basically the same as her official korean album. it even got the extra enhanced stuff. and even though the tracklist has only 13 tracks, You (techno version) is also included. it got some spelling errors on the tracklist as well. the cd also include a lyrics booklet but its a scan copy of the lyric pages from her korean album. =/

the booklet/sleeves are printed on the same type of paper that official cd uses, so i guess its high quality?
    also there is no barcode on the back.
    the cd is professionally screen-printed and at the bottom, it got the catalog #.
    if you look at the back of the cd (around the circle), it got the same catalog # printed on there too.

lol at the spelling mistakes >
  • ScuzScuz
    Fantastic Member
    That CD is certainly a mystery. The lack of a barcode is suspicious, but I guess there's no way to actually know for sure (unless you hunt down woojun XD)
  • -00001-00001
    Fantastic Member
    Maybe Woojun are just poor distributors lol. There should be a barcode! We'll never know for sure lol
  • mattfb
    Fantastic Member
    Laughing at "Love Is A SecreF".
    And that CD really is a big mistery! If it is a limited edition, then it is veeeeeeery limited.
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    [quote=mattfb]
    And that CD really is a big mistery! If it is a limited edition, then it is veeeeeeery limited. [/quote]

I think this cd was never officially released which is why it got no barcode. Could be promotional cd since promo cds dont have barcodes. Usually they say "Not for Sale". But this cd doesnt have that either.
    ..Or maybe its part of a boxset like the H.O.T boxset. =/

[quote=-00001]Maybe Woojun are just poor distributors lol. There should be a barcode! We'll never know for sure lol [/quote]

Which is why they are out of business (i think?). XD their website is dead. i doubt their phone number is working either. I think they started promoting korean albums around the late 90s.

[quote=Scuz]That CD is certainly a mystery. The lack of a barcode is suspicious, but I guess there's no way to actually know for sure (unless you hunt down woojun XD) [/quote]
    i think im gonna look for their number again and call them up. hehe
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    this is interesting....
    most if not all of the catalog numbers ( ISRC ) from woojun starts with CNE (ie CNE040540500)
    but this cd starts with CND .... CND08200034600

hmmm...?