Are there any promos, 1st press editions or other rare merchandise?
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    I read somewhere that there is a WA-come on- (Japanese Limited CD+DVD Mini Album). This version comes in a digipak and the regular version is in a jewel case. I think I got the regular edition. I forgot what mine looked like since I dont have it in my hand. :/

I know there is a Summer Party! and Avaholic promo cds.
  • ScuzScuz
    Fantastic Member
    Hmm, I didn't know the Wa -come on- digipack was a limited edition item. I actually have that one. :shocked: That made me happy, actually. :bigsmile:

This site has info on most (maybe all?) Ava's CDs, including promo CDs.
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    Lucky! :P Yesasia probably didnt know it was first press so they didnt list it like that. I also noticed that Yesasia is like the only online store besides sellers from ebay and amazon that sells Avaholic. Also Love Me is out of stock and you cant find it anywhere online!

[quote=Scuz]This site has info on most (maybe all?) Ava's CDs, including promo CDs.[/quote]

Actually thats where I got that piece of info from. hehe Yeseule got some really good stuff!

Oh I saw a limited Taiwan?China? edition of Let Go to my Star on Japan Yahoo auction. I think there is one and the one I saw, I think its real. It had a different cover. It had LJH face on it, not the eye.
  • -00001-00001
    Fantastic Member
    "Track 8 was supposed to be the 3rd promo song but it got canceled"

Wow! That would've been so cool!

I don't have any of the limited stuff, just standard. Unless my Wa-Comeon- is a digipak. It's still sealed.
  • ScuzScuz
    Fantastic Member
    [quote=GX3394]Oh I saw a limited Taiwan?China? edition of Let Go to my Star on Japan Yahoo auction. I think there is one and the one I saw, I think its real. It had a different cover. It had LJH face on it, not the eye. [/quote]

It's not there anymore, though, it seems. :sad: Shame, I would've wanted to see what it looks like!

They have Love Me there at the moment though. However, it's probably a used CD.
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    I saw it like two years ago. lol I should've saved it. lol It's this picture here but her pose is a bit different. Her face is more upfront and shes looking at you. I would buy it if it wasnt so expensive plus they didnt ship to the US.

[quote=-00001]I don't have any of the limited stuff, just standard. Unless my Wa-Comeon- is a digipak. It's still sealed.[/quote]

I think you can easily tell if its a digipak, if you look at the packaging. If the packaging feels like cadboard on the outside, then its the digipak. If look like a normal plastic jewel cd case, then its the regular edition. This is the digipak here. It folds like a book.

• ScuzScuz
    Fantastic Member
    [quote=GX3394] saw it like two years ago. lol I should've saved it. lol It's this picture here but her pose is a bit different. Her face is more upfront and shes looking at you. I would buy it if it wasnt so expensive plus they didnt ship to the US. [/quote]

Obviously, I can't say whether or not it's a bootleg, but I thought she didn't start using that "tiara" until the Bakkwo promotions started? Of course, that doesn't mean she couldn't pose with it before that (or maybe she released the limited edition when she began that song's promotion?). Would be great to see the actual cover though (and tracklisting and such) and see if it's possible to determine if it's the real deal. If I were a rich person, I'd try to hunt it down for sure.
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    [quote=Scuz]Obviously, I can't say whether or not it's a bootleg, but I thought she didn't start using that "tiara" until the Bakkwo promotions started? Of course, that doesn't mean she couldn't pose with it before that (or maybe she released the limited edition when she began that song's promotion?). Would be great to see the actual cover though (and tracklisting and such) and see if it's possible to determine if it's the real deal. If I were a rich person, I'd try to hunt it down for sure.[/quote]

I dont remember seeing the tracklisting, but I did translate the Japanese info to English and it says its a limited edition (Taiwan, Im pretty sure). It had her face cover and the word Let's go to my star on the right sideways. And about the tiara, maybe she started selling these limited editions when Bakkwo came out and when WA was a success. Plus the cover didnt have any of the weird Chinese stickers. It could be real or someone customized it. I wouldnt be surprised it was a fake becuz they sell fake chinese cds of hers on Japan Yahoo Auction.
  • -00001-00001
    Fantastic Member
    My stuff is all packed at the moment I'll have to check mine after I move. If it's that red cover though, mine is definitely standard.
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    [quote=-00001]My stuff is all packed at the moment I'll have to check mine after I move. If it's that red cover though, mine is definitely standard.[/quote]

I didnt open mine but Im pretty sure thats the booklet or photo, not the cover. hehe
  • ScuzScuz
    Fantastic Member
    Ah, found it!

http://www.insrea.com.tw/saleonline/music_01.htm

I'm guessing (since it seems she's wearing the Athena outfit too. There's something by her shoulder that looks like it's from that outfit anyway) that if it is the real thing, it was released during the Bakkwo promotions. So it appears she released a limited amount of copies in Taiwan with a new cover, for some reason. Other than the cover there doesn't seem to be anything different about it.
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    yup thats the one! Wow u r good! how did u find it? never mind.. u googled her chinese name in image search..lol hehe The cover i saw was bigger and more beautiful

heres a lil bit bigger cover i found
    img src="
    v">

Still I want to get it if it is real....

So I translated this part on the site:

李貞賢 Let's go my star 海報
    有著韓國百變天后之李貞賢,其眉飛色舞、獨一無二2首歌曲,又受到了許多歌迷們的愛好,甚至於香港當紅之歌手鄭秀文也對其曲調愛好不已並重新改詞做翻唱,翻唱後也受到了許多歌迷的愛好,同時年輕青青的李貞賢,在亞洲地區也有著廣大的歌迷朋友的支持,想一同沾染這大家所喜好的歌手一起來支持她嗎?現出精藏海報,限量發售,等您收藏

and it said something about limited edition..

And the outfit she wore on the cover is with the wings i think. the one she wore for bakkwo.

Oh somewhere in my folder i have a video of her signing this poster. im guessing this was when she released this limited edition?

• ScuzScuz
    Fantastic Member
    Actually, I googled for "Let's Go To My Star" in image search XD I couldn't find a bigger version though. I suppose it's hard to find, since it's apparently so rare! -_- At least you found one that's a little bit bigger! :bigsmile:
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    On yeseule site's forum, she showed pics of a rare taiwan limited edition of magic to go to my star but i never got to see them. the links are dead... :(
  • ScuzScuz
    Fantastic Member
    Wow, it seems she has released a couple of limited editions then, after all! I didn't think she had done that, actually. I wonder what the cover to the Magic To Go To My Star limited edition looked like. I would love it if it was one of the promo pictures for her 3rd album (the ones with the magician hat) or one of the photos with the gold-thing on her hair. I've always loved those pictures.
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    Those photos were great! Awhile ago I asked a couple of the chinese fans if they knew anything about these limited editions and they have no idea.. or maybe they didnt understand what i was saying? lol her stuff is so damn rare that nobody knows about it!!

oh i dug up the video and cap the part where she signed the poster. ^^ she looks so pretty!

imageimage
  • ScuzScuz
    Fantastic Member
    Ebay's got A Petal CD Soundtrack and a signed copy of Let's Go To My Star (which might be fake?). Both are quite pricey. As much as I want the Petal OST, I'm not willing to pay $44 for it, and I'm not willing to pay ~$100 for the signed CD, since I already have Fantastic Girl signed. But maybe someone else is interested? There's not much time left for either of the items (14 hours for Petal OST and 1 day 18 hours for Ava's first album), so if you want them - hurry!
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    I dont know if that cd was signed for a particular person but I find it weird to buy it and own it. And its too expensive. Its not worth it. Thats just me.. lol
  • ScuzScuz
    Fantastic Member
    Some more rare stuff on Ebay right now!

Vol. 2 and Magic To Go To My Star on cassette for $19,99.
    Jo PD's Live CD/VCD which, according to Yeseule, features Ava. $24,99
    Avaholic promo CD. $24,99

They all seem to have free shipping.

Why does it seem like everyone's suddenly selling their rarities!? So much stuff in such short amount of time!