[09.06.12] My dream to produce movie after turning 40
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    A second mini album?!! What?!!!

[quote]“When I turn 40, when I feel that I’m perfect, I want to produce a movie,” says singer Lee Jung-hyun, who has recently released her mini-album “Avaholic.” To Lee, cinematography is like her refuge. She suspended her acting career after debuting as a singer in 1999, but she had originally debuted in show business as a 16 year-old actress in the movie “Flower Petals” by director Chang Seon-woo.

The name of her agency, Ava Film & Entertainment, which she founded after her contract with her previous agency expired, notably includes the word “film.” Lee expressed her love for film in a recent interview. She said, “I majored in filmmaking at Chung Ang University, not in acting. It took me 10 years to graduate. I attended classes even during winter and summer sessions and even received a scholarship. I want to produce my own movie when I’m in my 40s and when I feel confident.”

Lee has appeared in supporting roles in the movies “Maria And The Inn” and “Scent Of Love” but she is aware of the need to gain more recognition as an actress. She said, “I set up my own agency because I wanted to try everything I want. I believe there will be a good production this year. I plan to appear on the big screen later this year after releasing my second mini-album. You may look forward to seeing me next year.”

Early this year, she also founded a charity foundation to carry out charity activities on a regular basis. She wants to donate part of her album sales proceeds to the needy at the end of the year. She said, “Many celebrities want to do this deep in their hearts. Just like I split my profits with my agency in the past, from now on I will share my profits with society. Thinking of it this way makes this very meaningful. I want to earn as much money as I can this year by working hard.” [/quote]

Source - kimchisoju.wordpress.com
  • QueenQueen
    I think she considers Summer Party as a mini-album because it was volume 4.5 so Avaholic would be her second mini-album. I really hope that I'm wrong though. I would LOVE material from her (even though I'm still listening to Avaholic like everyday).
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    [quote=Queen]I think she considers Summer Party as a mini-album because it was volume 4.5 so Avaholic would be her second mini-album. I really hope that I'm wrong though. I would LOVE material from her (even though I'm still listening to Avaholic like everyday).[/quote]

I dont think thats right because Summer Party is a special album, not a mini album. I hope Im right cause she needs to release more songs! haha Im listening to Avaholic all the time tii.. I cant get sick of it! lol
  • -00001-00001
    Fantastic Member
    OMG! A second mini album!! That'd be so awesome because Avaholic was too short! It'll feel like we're getting the rest of the album. I'm listening to Avaholic everyday still as well!

It's great to hear that she is so motivated to work hard and reach her goals
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    Oh I also like to add that this news article appeared last week (after Avaholic was released), so Im pretty sure there will be a second mini album. Unless the source is wrong.
  • ScuzScuz
    Fantastic Member
    I haven't followed her acting career closely. I saw Petal, but didn't like it (imo, one needs to know a lot about the massacre in advance - like why it happened and such, to fully understand the movie) and I started watching Beautiful Days but gave up after 7 episodes. Been wanting to see Harpy though, but haven't been able to find it with English subs.

In any case, I would love to see her in more movies! Especially if they're my kind of movies. And of course, I wouldn't say no to another mini-album.
  • -00001-00001
    Fantastic Member
    I watched most of Beautiful Days. I quite liked it but it had too much crying!!! The scene where LJH sings Like a Virgin...the band Chakra appears and takes the crowds attention away but she keeps singing anyway. Her older sister is in the audience completely balling her eyes out! So unnecessary lol
  • Mmmmm, regarding the second mini-album... by the end of march i read (in a forum, i believe... soompi?) that in May the first mini album would be available (as it is now) and a second mini album was also planned later for this year. So it's something already known (at least as an "underground" news). I also remember there were several dates including her mini albums and her 10th anniversary concert (but i'm not sure if that info was in the same forum or in another... i was searching the whole www for LJH info).

The best news i read at that moment was her concert, because i was hoping to see her performing live, in Korea (singing in korean, not in japanese or chinese... i just simply prefer korean lyrics) and during this year... so, my dreams are starting to make true :) I wasn't aware of her plans for a movie, so this is also an excellent news

By the way, if someone could confirm me her 10th anniversary concert's date, i'll appreciate it.
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    Really? I visit soompi and I didnt see any news regarding a second album. Unless it wasnt posted in her official thread.

[quote=megasmash]By the way, if someone could confirm me her 10th anniversary concert's date, i'll appreciate it.[/quote]

October 10th, 2009 (the date could change)

[quote=Scuz]I haven't followed her acting career closely.[/quote]

I havent either. Ive never seen any movies or shows she acted in. To be honest, Im more interested in her music than her acting career.
  • -00001-00001
    Fantastic Member
    Hey about the 10th anniversary concert, if that date is real I'd love to go. the only problem is how do I get a ticket? Will it be for sale online and the worst thing is I can't read Korean so how will I know what its what xD
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    Ill ask the Chinese fans if they know anything about this cuz I dont know any Korean fans. If I have to, Ill put up a msg on the Korean fanclub board. Im sure they will give me an answer. I woud love to go to but no money :(
  • -00001-00001
    Fantastic Member
    That'd be great thanks! ^^

I have been saving for a vacation for quite a while I just thought this'd be the perfect one
  • maddy
    Fantastic Member
    [quote=-00001]I watched most of Beautiful Days. I quite liked it but it had too much crying!!! The scene where LJH sings Like a Virgin...the band Chakra appears and takes the crowds attention away but she keeps singing anyway. Her older sister is in the audience completely balling her eyes out! So unnecessary lol[/quote]
    LOL i watched the whole thing and you are so right... they all cried at the drop of a hat! it was the most melodramatic thing ive seen in my entire life!

and yay for a second mini album, i hope it's true. i still need to buy avaholic!
    also, this article makes me love ljh so much more <3
  • really?
  • She made some short films at Univercity during her school days.
    I want watch them.

She said her favorite movies are GIBRIs'. (but they are animation...)