[09.06.06] Crazy MV banned and Reason for Vogue Girl title change
  • JaxxiaJaxxia
    We have heard of music videos or songs being banned because of explicit lyrics or overly sexy scenes. Former techno queen, Lee Jung Hyun or now known as AVA (she picked AVA because it sounded nice and Lee Jung Hyun was hard to pronounce in America) made her comeback recently with her 8th album, Avaholic. It was announced today that her songs from the album, Vogue Girl and Crazy have found themselves in a sticky situation with the 3 major tv stations.

Vogue Girl was deemed unsuitable for broadcast because the title was the same as the name of an overseas fashion publication (there's a localized version too). MBC had ruled that it was a case of sublimal/subtle advertising, prohibiting it from being broadcast. Kind of ridiculous but AVA Entertainment has moved swiftly to rename the song as Vogue It Girl instead to end the whole issue. Initial copies of the album with Vogue Girl will still be available for sale but future reprints will see the song titled as Vogue It Girl instead. AVA Entertainment also expressed that Vogue Girl references in the song lyric would be amended, re-recorded before being included in the new album version.

AVA's title song, Crazy has also find itself in a tight spot, with the music video being deemed unsuitable for broadcast by all 3 tv stations. They expressed that the 100 dancers in the music video which was filmed in America, wasn't appropriate as they only wore their undergarments while dancing, and it was kind of suggestive.

Well, we suspected it would happen to Crazy but changing Vogue Girl to Vogue It Girl because of a magazine title. Vogue is a word. Vogue magazine didn't just come up with it. It was already a word before the magazine's conception or before Madonna.
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    This is so beyond ridiculous!! I actually saw this yesterday from a Japanese news site but weren't sure what they said. Something about broadcasting and Vogue Girl and Crazy. So this is it. Im ok with Crazy being banned because we all knew it was gonna happen soon, but changing the title to Vogue it Girl?!!! Get real!!! Vogue is simply a word not an official title/label of a magazine. Are you kidding me?! Vogue means fashion, popularity, regal, fierce etc. This is really stupid. Yeah like the song is really promoting the magazine? ><;;<br />
    Before I saw the CRAZY Mv I knew it was gonna get banned, but when I finally saw it, it wasnt all that bad!

I didnt buy the album yet! I was waiting for a reissue, but I guess they will make one after all. But the reissue is stupid. Title changes and reditting of the song Vogue Girl. Tell me people, should I get it now or the reissue or both?!! Gahhh...
  • YookuYooku
    Fantastic Member
    I just read about this from Allkpop. It's so stupid that they gonna ban the music video for Crazy but why they have to change the title for Vogue Girl? I'm laughing at those reasons...
  • -00001-00001
    Fantastic Member
    This is pathetic -______-
  • ScuzScuz
    Fantastic Member
    Well, knowing how conservative South Korea is, I'm not surprised Crazy got banned. But the reason for Vogue Girl's title change is just silly.

What amazes me is how Boa could name a song and album Girls On Top without anyone threatening to ban it! Sure that was "way back" in 2005, but how often do you hear of countries becoming more conservative with time!? Normally, they become more liberal!
  • -00001-00001
    Fantastic Member
    I don't even get the name change either. Vogue It Girl is hardly any different to Vogue Girl. The word 'vogue' is still there!

Also GX3394 if you get the album now it might be rare later on because of the change hehe
  • -00001-00001
    Fantastic Member
    Oh I didn't realise the mag was actually called Vogue Girl, I thought it was just Vogue.

• Omg.. the koreans don't have what to do? >< I don't think crazy have to be banned... waaaaaah T_T
    I didn't know the mag name was Vogue Girl XDD I thought too that was only Vogue... =_=
  • maddy
    Fantastic Member
    Pfft... that is so crap. I understand Crazy getting banned (i don't even like that song anyway so i don't mind...) but vogue girl... :( i knew there was a magazine called vogue girl (i own some copies, fyi vogue girl is like vogue magazine but for teenagers) and i guess they have a copyright on that then? whatever. the song's still awesome. and what's this i hear about an album version? ALBUM? WOOT!
  • -00001-00001
    Fantastic Member
    Hey I didn't get that, NEW album version could mean a new album!! Good spotting! Well maybe not, but they did differentiate the title being reprinted and the song being re-recorded... like the current mini-album will just be reprinted with the new title and a new recording of the song will be on a new album in future?? Maybe we're looking to into it :P
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    I hope its a new reissue album with new songs... but I dont know... *crosses fingers*
  • That's stupid .. no more CRAZY performance ?
  • QueenQueen
    Wait, why can't she still perform Crazy? Just the video is banned. There are other MVs that are banned but artists still perform the song live.

Maybe there's a bright side to this. Hopefully, she'll film a video for Vogue Girl (It) (Vogue) ~Girl~ *It~ Vogue (whatever the hell it's called). It would make sense since it's the only song she's promoting right now.
  • -00001-00001
    Fantastic Member
    I miss the Crazy performances like CRAZY!! D: Maybe it was inappropriate too -__-;
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    I miss Crazy too!! :( She would know that her American dancers cant stay in Korea for a long time to promote Crazy...so maybe she wanted to promote 2 songs at the same time. She needed to promote Crazy first (for reason above), then Vogue Girl as her main promo song.