What are the things you love about LJH?
  • YookuYooku
    Fantastic Member
    Ya! My first discussion here. xD All we know that Lee Jung Hyun is very unique and talented but what are the things YOU love about her?

Here's some of my opinions. :)

01. Her voice. I have always liked LJH's voice and it was the most notable thing when I started to listen her music. Her voice also fits in many genres. She can sing ballads, techno and rocker songs and her voice still sounds great! Her voice is unique. :S
    02. Her look. I have always thought that she's very beautiful even without so much make up.
    03. Her personality. Well, I have never met her in person but when I have watched some interviews I have got an impression that she is very friendly and generous in real life too.

I hope I posted this in rigth section. :) ....and I'm sorry of my english. :P
  • maddy
    Fantastic Member
    Yeah you posted it in the right place! And your english is fine!
    I personally like LJH's music the most. I just love it. It's so unique and catchy and trendsetting. I also really admire her as a performer because someone else could sing her songs but not pull them off the way she does, she's very charismatic and puts a lot into her music. Basically she's just full of awesomeness. xD
    So basically I think that Lee Jung Hyun without her music wouldn't be the same, and ljh's music without her wouldnt be the same either.
  • YookuYooku
    Fantastic Member
    Thanks for telling me! :) I was a bit afraid that I did something wrong.

I must say that I so agree with that last sentence you wrote. ^^
  • GX3394GX3394
    Administrator
    Her presence on stage is so powerful!! She may not have the greatest voice but it's one of the most recognizable and very unique. I love her voice!

She is so different from other artists today. She takes risks. I mean look at her latest performances. Its so out there!! She may not have that international sexy appeal like Hyori or BoA but thats why I like her. LJH is the awkward girl in class. She’s weird, quirky, and different. She goes the extra mile on her looks and concepts. For Avaholic, she's very avant gaude. For her first album, it was space, aliens and mermaids. Second was about peace, Egyptian and baby doll. Third was fantasy and fun. Fourth was being raw and all about nature. Fifth had the spice and Spanish influences. Summer party was all about the summer and being cute. Sixth was fashion and girly.

And her music is great. I never EVER liked MOST songs from one artist before and LJH is the only one. Her music is addicting and fun to dance to.
  • -00001-00001
    Fantastic Member
    She's so different and unique without going too far. Her stage presence is amazing. Her voice isn't the greatest but she doesn't need that! Her voice is unique, pleasant and suits her kind of music, they go hand in hand. She's funky, stylish, and never boring. She never ceases to amaze me with the great music she makes, the amazing concepts she comes up with, and the many personas she's had! She oozes charisma. No one could ever cover her songs and do even half a decent job! I just love Ava xD
  • ScuzScuz
    Fantastic Member
    With the exception of her awesome music, I would say it was her strangeness that caught my attention. It's what made it pleasant to watch her on stage (even if she lipsynched XD ). She keeps coming up with new things to try out, so she stays as far away from being boring as possible.

Also, I like all her songs (except a couple on Fantastic Girl), which is quite an accomplishment for Ava XD
  • I love her music and her image has change since her Dala and Wah music videos
    she has grown so mature i love her music alot
  • hyonyhyun
    Fantastic Member
    [quote=-00001]Her voice is unique, pleasant and suits her kind of music, they go hand in hand.[/quote]

I TOTALLY agree with you here! Recently i've been reading comments on LJH news at AllKpop and a couple other random sites, and have been very disappointed by the opinions expressed there. Half of today's so-called kpop addicts haven't even heard of her. Those seem to be the people who, when giving her music a chance, expect her to be like EVERY OTHER KPOP CELEBRITY- as if we need more! They complain about her age, her dancing, and most of all, her voice, which is what really annoys me. They don't get that, with LJH, having perfect vocals is not the point. Like GX said, "she may not have the greatest voice", which is true, but it fits so snugly with so many of the crazy musical themes she's experimented with. And even for those themes which didn't call for the weird, awkward vocals, i think she's adapted really nicely. (However, i still have to say that with her vocal range, some of the ballads she's done have not turned out so well imo.)

Personally, I love Lee Jung Hyun because of her style of music, but also because she's not afraid to experiment with really unexpected things even ten years into her musical career! She always surprises me, and most of the time, in a good way. Even if there are some songs i don't like, i always give her credit for trying. She keeps my mind open to new things, too. For example, at first i was really turned off by the theme for Passion, but i learned to love that style of music thanks to her. I found her because of the dance/techno songs and keep up with her for LJH herself :)
  • -00001-00001
    Fantastic Member
    Well said hyonyhyun! It's so true kpop fans these days have no clue at all.

With the ballads, her voice isn't the type to belt out, and has no vibrato. However, I still think she can make a good ballad. The ballads Pieo and Ggoom from her second album are some of my most favourite songs by her! Pieo is actually my most played! I'm not into the HUGE belting voice anyway. Like Mariah and Whitney, I can't stand their voices! It's too much.
  • hyonyhyun
    Fantastic Member
    I actually LOVE Ggoom - somehow, it just works. But Pieo calls for notes just too high for LJH, so I dislike the chorus.. Other than that, it's a good song. :) And yeah, I agree.. I'm not too familiar with Whitney Houston, but Mariah has WAY too much going on vocal-wise in her songs. lol
  • i love it that she can be so FIERCE! like all the performances i have seen for Crazy were amazing!!!
    also, i really like that she doesnt do what everyone is doing now in Korea, she goes her own way~ thats good!

[quote=-00001]With the ballads, her voice isn't the type to belt out, and has no vibrato[/quote]

i'm happy she doesnt have a vibrato, i dont really like it. it suits some artist really well though, but i think its better without it,,
  • -00001-00001
    Fantastic Member
    [quote=hearted]i'm happy she doesnt have a vibrato, i dont really like it. it suits some artist really well though, but i think its better without it,,[/quote]
    hehe I agree! she doesn't need it. I normally hate ballads too most of them are boring
  • lmjljhlsj
    Fantastic Member
    Every time I heard her voice or watch her videos,I feel happy^^
  • kyrinthmiller
    Fantastic Member
    Definitely her appearance and personality first and foremost. Her songs are catchy sure, but I think her personality really enhances the whole package. I really love how down to earth she seems while being a techno kpop star. I also love her creativity in her music and appearances.

Like others have said, her stage presence is really powerful. Seeing her live would be a dream come true.